Friday, August 15, 2014

Post-summer Update!

Whew, it's been a while since the last entry! Thanks again to everyone who's supported our workshops and sorry for the lack of updates!

Now that summer is ending and we're gearing up for the fall/winter sessions, we're doing some rethinking on how to structure the courses so that they're more effective and convenient for people. Your feedback has been really valuable, and I'm trying to come up with a way we can all make jewellery together without having to juggle our times around. I know how busy everyone is!

As of this date, the only confirmed course that we'll be having in September is the 4-session kumihimo course. We'll be using this beautiful, traditional Japanese braiding technique to create metal jewellery. It's a great introduction course for beginners, and for those of you who are already familiar with kumihimo, I'm sure you'll be fascinated by the difference between using silk cord and metal wires. Lots of ways to create experimental shapes and unusual patterns! For some basic information on kumihimo, check out what I've written about it before.

However, we do have more kids' workshops and wirework workshops coming up, and if you're interested in a proper apprenticeship, let me know!

I'll be updating again really soon with more information, promise! If you want to reach me directly, please e-mail me at jubilatehk (at) gmail.com!




No comments:

Post a Comment